Understanding the Value of Waste
What are wastes? When asked the question, most people would answer “rejects” or “garbage”. The idea behind this answer is that wastes are useless or are bound to become an environmental hazard for the surrounding communities.
However, waste can be given a second life!
Whether it is in liquid or solid form, these can be converted to usable energy and organic fertilizer with our highly advanced waste to energy technology.
How is waste turned to energy
Daily wastes can be transformed into something useful. Waste to energy is possible and has been practiced for quite some time. Even communities with waste to energy facilities are enjoying the advantages of having independent, sustainable energy.
Waste to energy solutions is evolving, and there are many ways that wastes are converted. Here are some of the methods wastes are turned into energy:
In this method, organic wastes are burned at high levels. This process is also called thermal treatment. The heat generated from burning wastes is then used to create energy, such as electricity.
This waste to energy process involves carbonaceous substance. With very high temperatures and the presence of oxygen, this component is converted into carbon dioxide, carbon mono-oxide, and hydrogen. The results become synthesis gas, which are green energy source alternatives that can produce heat and electricity.
Using similar heated waste to energy technology, depolymerization conducts thermal decomposition with the help of water. This is an extensive process wherein we can create fossil fuels out of scraps. It is also called hydrous pyrolysis.
Commonly used waste to energy method, pyrolysis pertains to the thermal decomposition of mainly agricultural or organic wastes from different industries.
What benefits are we enjoying today
There are fewer people aware of it, but the Value of Waste offer numerous benefits, especially when it comes to matters on sustainable energy. Aside from that, there are other advantages of having waste to energy solutions:
- Lesser wastes on landfill sites. The spaces that used to be landfill sites are now utilized for a better commercial purpose.
- Lesser use of fossil fuels. With renewable and sustainable energy, people rely less on fossil fuels, which take millions of years to form.
- Environment-friendly energy alternatives. Waste to energy solutions paves greener options in providing sustainable energy with minimal to zero harm to the environment.
- Lesser carbon emissions. Unlike renewable energy, fossil fuels and other energy sources release too much carbon emissions.
- Create a sustainable energy source. Communities can now generate their own energy to provide electricity and heat
- Establish energy-efficient methods. When it comes to business, energy efficiency is an important matter to consider in operations and costs.
The bottom line
With waste to energy solutions, the number of waste volumes can be reduced by 90%. The efforts of building more plants and technology not only creates energy efficiency solutions with positive environmental impact but also opens opportunities for employment to more people.
The release of this waste to energy methods have less chemical and, hence, less harmful to the environment. When people started waste to energy procedures, we became a step closer to taking better of our environment and protecting theValue of Waste resources.